Search Engine Optimization really does not involve a lot of money if you are willing to spend a little time everyday on your website. Getting your website indexed by a major search engine such as Google is something which can be done at a minimal cost if you follow the points mentioned below:
- Focus on high quality On-page SEO. On page SEO is work done on your website and the inner pages of your websites. The content on your pages must be original since Google and other search engines do not give duplicate content much importance. By adding new content on your website regularly, Search engines will index your website, and your website rankings will also increase on these Search Engines. Make sure all the images on your website are optimized by
using ALT texts in your images so Google can pick them up when it crawls your websites. Choose a good Header Tag which describes your site at a glance. The description must be short and to the point and the more relevant it is to the information provided on your website, the more search engine friendly it will be.
- Join Forums or online groups which relate to your niche. With adding your primary keyword which is linked to your websites in your signature, you automatically create a number of links to your websites by posting on these forums. Joining a forum which has a high page rank can increase your page rank by just adding your websites link.
- Article marketing today is really gaining value in Search Engine Optimization. By submitting articles with your website URL to hundreds of article directories you can really increase the number of high quality back links to your websites. Another very good strategy you could use if you don´t have the time to submit to these directories is by posting articles on your website and encouraging other webmasters to publish those articles provided they add your author resource box and the keyword linking to your website.
- Off-page SEO is another vital part of SEO. A good link building strategy is a must if you really want your page rank to increase on major search engines. Using Black Hat techniques is something which will only get your websites page rank up for a small amount of time and Google may even ban your domain. By building the number of back links to your website with following a legit SEO strategy, you increase your online presence and Google as well as other search engines recognize this. As your back links grow, your websites Page rank will automatically increase. You can increase the number of back links to your website with posting your links on places such as Forums, Blogs, Social bookmarking sites and web 2.0 portals.
- Lastly, you have to consistently build links and be patient since your website will not rank in just one day. A bit of SEO each day will help increase your page rank over a period of time.
If you follow these five simple steps you will surely have a high volume of traffic coming to your website. Do not outsource your SEO tasks unless you really are sure that the company you are outsourcing to will do a good job.